More recently I’ve been dithering about which title to work on. The site I want to use, completelynovel.com, only has two sizes available at present. For my 48/64 page black and white readers, I’m convinced I need A format, which is not available at the moment. That is the size children are used to and they do resist that sort of change!
So I’ve decided to republish Craig Mnure in all his cranky, curmudgeonly glory, in a slightly larger size. I’m going to think about the cover design to see if I can make it look a bit smaller than it is.
Having made my decision, I find that the back-up disk with the text seems to have disappeared. I think it was the one that fell apart a year ago. (Better check all my other backup media!) So the first big job is going to be scanning the text from the book and OCR copy-reading it in Adobe Acrobat so I have something to work with. Then, after I’ve scanned all the illustrations, I can begin thinking about laying it out to page. I’m sure there will be a lot of hiccups along the way, but it will be a great learning process. Next time it will be easier and perhaps they will have more paper sizes available.
Keep reading and I’ll keep you up to date with the progress. Wish me luck!
Filed in: eBooks and the Internet